As the world responds to COVID-19, we would like to update you with what AussieFreight are doing and the health and safety control measures we have in place. We know that you may be concerned how this situation is impacting the industry and how you do business and interact with AussieFreight.
AussieFreight International Logistics remains fully operational and continues to deliver high levels of service for our customers.
Whilst we are are trading as usual, we have been actively monitoring COVID-19 developments and implementing measures in accordance to the guidance provided by the Australian Government – Department of Health to ensure service continuity and most importantly provide a safe working environment for our staff and customers.
COVID-19 – Current Situation
- We have no confirmed, reported or suspected cases of COVID-19 relating to our people at any of our offices
- We continue to reinforce our office protocols regarding hygiene and introduced additional cleaning measures to maintain the healthiest work environment possible
- Our staff have been segregated and each has their own individual office space.
- All sales calls or visits to customers have been cancelled these will be conducted via phone
- AussieFreight’s contingency arrangments will allow staff to continue to service our customers if and when lockdown procedures are required to be implemented
- International Sea Freight services are operating as normal for both Full Container Load (FCL) and Less than Container Load (LCL) shipments
- The Australian Government has imposed a 14 day quarantine on vessels departing China. Sailing schedules have been updated to accomodate this where additional transit time is needed.
- Many International Airlines around the globe have been forced to reduce capacity and services, including Qantas who has recently grounded all International flights.
- Freighter services and limited passanger services are still operating out of some areas, however space is tight and priority may be given to essential cargo.
- The Queensland Government has implemented restricted entry into Queensland from 12.01am on Thursday 26/03. Transport of goods and freight are exempt from the restrictions.
- Local and National delivery services continue to operate, however to reduce contact drivers may refrain from requesting you to sign for POD’s. Instead they will ask for your name and write this on the device or form themselves.
- Effective Monday, 30th of March 2020, the Australian Government introduced a Temporary Export Prohibition on Non-Commercial Exports of COVID-19 Related Goods. Cargo is prohibited to be exported if it is of medical nature and potential use. The export prohibition will apply to (but not necessarily exclusive to):
- Disposable face masks
- Disposable gloves
- Disposable gowns
- Protective eye wear in the form of goggles, classes or visors, which can be worn by individuals to limit the transmission of organisms
- Alcohol wipes
- Hand sanitizer
Your usual customer service and sales contacts are available for any questions or concerns. Please give us a call on 1800 791 575. We are committed to supporting you and your business in the best possible way throughout this challenging situation.